You can find me here:

SEARCH

Monday, June 24, 2013

Now You See Me (2013) Review *SPOILERS*

Now I normally don't find interests in movies like this. I don't feel more anticipated for this film. Plus I watched this after I got back from a religious camp. 

Although I wish I could watch Man Of Steel. But then the night wouldn't seem right if I watched that movie first after getting out of the camp.

So my sister wanted to watch it with my parents so I though, eh what the heck. Even though I wish we watched it on an earlier time. 

I came back from camp at around 6pm. And I had to remain in the outfit that I wore when I left the camp on the last day.

Don't worry we didn't go anywhere. We stayed indoors in the church. Our church is quite big. I has like these classrooms in it. 

And we...AH! I'm not here to talk about a freaking camp. Besides that's a bloody waste of time anyway. So let's get onto the review.

So Now You See Me is basically the story of four remarkable magicians from the same city pull unexplained tricks. Like that guy from Social Network, Jesse Eisenberg.

Whose name in this movie is acting as J. Daniel Atlas. Nice last name, maybe it's just his stage name or something.

Now the only thing I could think about this character is that the person who casts this actor to do the role is reason where because he can talk really fast.

Well there are other actors who also can talk fast. Probably almost all actors can talk really fast in Hollywood. 

Anyways so yes he's one of the four "Horsemen". That's what they call themselves. And then there's this mentalist magician called Merritt McKinney. Whose played by Woody Harrelson. 

This guy messes with your mind. I mean, he just this mind reader and he can make people sleep with a tick of his fingers. Or something.

I dunno, I don't really pay attention to what some of the things are done in this movie. Woody is also the one who acted in 2012. The crazy guy from the FM radio. 

And then we also have this woman right here, Henley Reeves who is played by Isla Fisher and that scene where she was showing the audience the piranha trick. Wow.

She was quite the sexy girl right there. And those piranhas you see in this movie looks the exact same fishes from the movie Piranha 3D

Yeah, these Piranhas. But they're perhaps smaller in this movie, Now You See Me.

And that scene was already well predicted. She lived. She somehow had teleportation ability. Or maybe she made it in time to go through the bar door below the tank of water with live piranhas. 

And probably put fake blood to fill that tank. Which doesn't poison the piranhas somehow. But no one cares. Oh yeah and the social network guy, Daniel. Yeah, he made a card trick and displayed a card symbol and number on a building.

To be honest, to me it doesn't really felt like magic. Cause you just ask the electricians to help you in the trick. 

And later we see Daniel bringing a slut in. A slut means a perverted woman. And she stripped and Daniel dropped the ball on that as he found some card on the table.

And Merritt the mentalist, found it at a restaurant where he was showing a married couple a magic trick. Henley found it in her fish tank of piranhas. Which I'm not even sure how the heck she managed to go in there and get it.

Oh yeah and there was one more magician, his name is Jack Wilder.  Now I'm sure anyone could come up with a name Jack Wilder. With this sort of character, it's not impossible to come up with such an easy name that sort of explains the character himself.

But Jack in this film never really get more screen time. He's just there to kick the ass out of Dylan Rhodes. He's this cop who was later revealed as a fraud in the ending part of the movie. 

He reveals himself as the five Horsemen. And tricks Morgan Freeman's character, Thaddeus Bradley. Into blinding him all this time.

It's kinda hard to believe that a fifth horsemen would wait this long to pull this off. And to be honest, asking Mark Ruffalo to play this character. 

Just nearly doesn't work for me. But he's the Bruce Banner in the Avengers so I guess I don't really give a shit. 

That doesn't make any sense does it? I dunno :P So he was all along the fifth Horsemen. But the flashback where Dylan was hidden all the time. He was...he was there.

Covered in a hoodie. And later he meets up with the four other horsemen. And welcomes them to "The Eye". Which to be honest...

I felt like that thing about "The Eye" wasn't much established. They only talked about the ancient Egyptian history. And the book and the tree that had a card on it.

Which I dunno, now that I think about it. Doesn't really do anything. It's just when you mix the cards together, then put it close to the card stuck on the tree.

It glows and that's that. See, this just shows that I obviously don't know that much cause you know why? I don't really care. I don't have "nerd-gasm" in this.

This is not a movie like Star Trek Into Darkness or Iron Man 3 or the Avengers or the Amazing Spiderman. No. This is just a freaking movie of magic.

What's there to find out about? But relax people, I'm not saying it's a bad film. It's good :) Well the story, I don't really give a shit. But don't take that in a bad way please. Cause it's not suppose to be like that.

So yeah again as mentioned, Dylan was revealed as the fifth Horsemen and he was the Horsemen that is smarter than Thaddeus.

Thaddeus was in that cell talking about the one horseman that was always there to beat Thaddeus at his game. 

Thaddeus, blinded by his own ego and therefore cannot leave the cell of shame. Lol XD Cell of shame. And then the ending is just goes into basics.

Dylan reclaims relationship with Alma Dray who was played by Melanie Lauren. And to be honest, they could've picked a better french actor like...Diane Kruger

She's definitely a hotter woman for this character. Her face can even define the name Alma Dray. 

This is just my opinion. 

Anyways, this movie is cool. I don't really have any problem with the ending as I said, this film is just not something I wanna bother at all after watching it.

So I guess this review is gonna be short. And this marks the end of it. I hope you people enjoy the film as much as I did. Even though it's not that much. 

Alright so comment, share and get more viewers. And I'll see you guys, when I see you guys. Bye! :)