You can find me here:

SEARCH

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pacific Rim is the BOSS!! (Re-Review) PART 1

Alright guys! It's finally time to do a second review. And yeah, I know for those of you who usually check on my blog once in a while for a part of your long run knows that I've already reviewed Pacific Rim. 

Well because of how deep this universe of Pacific Rim is and how awesome the movie is. I felt like I only explained the plot of the movie with major spoilers and hardly even use any thoughts about my review. And this time round, it's way better. Cause I've read more reviews and watch more of them of YouTube.


And I'm ready to go! Now I wanna start off my explaining the basic sypnosis of this movie. 


In the near future, monsters known as Kaiju which is japan, means "Monsters" or at least "Giant Monsters". Kaijus started coming out of a rift deep below the Pacific Ocean. And they all come up at a time cause I dunno, they're probably being polite? 


And they started coming up tearing and ruining our major cities at the coastlines. And by conventional means, we started using what we thought were our best defenses such as our military tanks, our jet fighter planes. Which soon proved to be useless against an immense beast that's the size of a small island. 


Which is actually considered big. Or at least, skyscraper sized monsters. They start ravaging our cities and basically the world had to bend together. Putting aside their old rivalries like World War and stuff like that...

In order to create equally skyscraper tall mechanical humanoids that are piloted by two human beings that needed to mind meld together to operate the giant humanoid named "Jaegers" which is in German as it translates as "Hunter". Which is a really great name by the way. Jaegers.

The reason the Jaegers cannot run on just one pilot is because it would be too much for the human brain and it inserts mental strain on their neural linking. And in further results, may cause seizures that are severe. 

So after we started using Jaegers to fight this humanitarian armada destroyers, we started to realize that even our strongest defense wasn't easy. As these Kaiju creatures kept on evolving. Getting bigger and stronger and possesses more abilities, they started learning about our strategies and tactics.

And so after losing many Jaegers and the pilots who drove them, it's all up to Stacker Pentecost, the leader and highest ranked soldier in the Pan Pacific Defense Corps to strike off a last mission to destroy the breach which all these Kaijus come out of in order to save the world.

Now, what did I think about this movie? It's the best one I've seen so far! :D I LOVE IT! Giant mechanical robots fighting the equally Giant Monsters organic...this is too good to be true. This is finally one of the films that actually impressed me a lot. Over the top guys!

From the reviews I've seen so far, it's rare to find any people who review it, actually know the deep universe of Pacific Rim. Partially regardless of what's shown of the big screen. Some of us managed to grab the prequel novels or google online to get our minds on everything we have to know about the omega sized universe of Pacific Rim where these giant monsters and robots can actually exist.

A fictional world of a little boy's dream. Finally able to be exploited for the world to see. So for those people like me who digged too deep into the universe of Pacific Rim, definitely love it. And have more pros than cons. There's a big majority of people who didn't like the characters at all.

Which is because it wasn't developed that much in the movie but rather in the prequel novel. For those of you who have read the prequel novel and went to see the movie however way possible. Thanks for doing so.

For those of them who didn't, I won't blame them. I mean, at least some of them enjoyed the fights. Some of them felt like it's repeated over and over again which I find totally stupid. Cause I honestly dunno what those people were talking about.


I thought the fights did build up and they were surprising every moment. I mean, I still love the opening backstory fight where Gypsy Danger gets deployed to fight Knifehead in the Anchorage 2020 accident.


Some people digged the characters and enjoyed the fights. People like me. Except I'm one of those people who LOVED the characters and enjoy the massive epic scaled robot rocket punching monsters fighting. 

And there's a few things I also wanna talk about and even explain about the prologue in this movie. One thing I wished was that they explained the prologue a lot more better. It was good, perfect. But I just wished it was longer so that the audience knew more and understand that some of the things that happened on further in the movie does make sense. 

So the prologue is basically what I've mentioned in the synopsis. And there are some cameos that I want you to notice. In this cameo there a few Kaijus and Jaegers that were tugged into so we're gonna do that.

So the first Kaiju which you actually see may not be the first. Some people says it's another Kaiju whose named I really don't know because I just directly assumed it's the Trespasser which is this Kaiju here
 
Yes the one which attacked the Golden Gate bridge. I know it's a little cliche for this scene to be a bitch towards the Golden Gate graphically being destroyed but there are times when cliches are performed well and therefore isn't that irritating or annoying. 

This type of cliches is performed quite a lot in this movie and I'm basically fine with it. I totally had no problem with cliche roles, dialogue, sceneries and performances in this movie. I don't have it. 

But anyway, Trespasser whose also known as Axehead is the very first Kaiju to made land as to attack and ruin humanity. And they made this theory or so where the Kaiju actually came to Earth before but the conditions weren't right for them to colonize. 

I really dunno whether they consume or colonize. I assume it's both. They're colonizing for a particular unknown reason which I wished was dealt deep into this movie. But it obviously didn't. And wasn't explain in the universe of Pacific Rim. 


I assume that after they destroy everything we had due to the ability to do so according to their immense size. They can do that. So this was the very very first monster that breached out of the Earth's molten core and to lick humanity in their faces. Not literally. 

And it took them long to take down such a large beast ravaging through the coastlines of the city it attacked. The Kaiju was taken down 6 days and 35 miles later as said in the narration of the prologue.

And yeah, some people had problems with the narration and found it really irritating. I would say, and I think I speak for a majority of people, that...well? Why? Is it really that irritating. I don't need to hear someone saying that the narration in the opening felt dreadful and dragging. That they didn't feel involve. 


I dunno, just stop caring so much about what's bad about the voice and just try to follow what he says which is verbally more important than how Raleigh is trying to narrate the prologue.

So what? So if we didn't need Raleigh to tell us in the story and to set us up in this world, then you'll be just watching with confusion. You dunno what the heck you're watching. I honestly don't think I want Stacker to narrate. I mean, I know he's one of the best leading actors in this movie, but I won't feel involved with him. 

I dunno, maybe because I'm so use to listening Raleigh talk in the opening on the big-ass screen. And I've watched this movie like a dozen time. And I imagined. Even if Stacker who was played by Idris Elba, who would be the one who narrates the prologue. I honestly think I wouldn't have felt the same tone. 

This is just my opinion. I just think that if I watch Pacific Rim a dozen times in the theaters with Idris narrating the prologue, I honestly think I wouldn't have felt the excitement or the small boy in me throughout this movie.

So yes, where were we? Oh yes! So after 6 days and 35 miles later, the ravaging organism has been taken down after a nuclear bomb destroyed it's internal organs somehow after penetrating through it's hard shelled skin.

That's probably what she said. Lol XD


Here's an actual picture of the dead Kaiju lying on a specific land of waste...
Yeah! :) You can actually see his ribcage being exposed. And the waste created by the nuclear explosion that destroyed everything that was in every countless paths of it's diameter. If that's even a good way to put it. 

So yeah, after the major accident that Trespasser attacked humanity, it spread quickly around the world as this beast destroyed some of our humanity resources. But it obviously didn't do enough. A planet is too big for a Kaiju and us. That's what the alien she said. 

Lol XD Okay I'll stop with that joke. 

And also a second Kaiju that attacked Manila in Philippines. Hundun. Which I assumed is named by the race who lived there. Here's a video which shows the entire head of Hundun -> Hundun [Second Kaiju Attack] 


But Hundun's cameo wasn't that much. It was quick. But of course if you slowed it down in slow-mo, you'll get a rough idea of what his head looks like. But there has been a model shown on YouTube in Pacific Rim's Before and Afters. 

Where they showed a complete model of Hundun the Kaiju. Which is right here!

Yeah! I bet most of you hadn't seen this Kaiju before. Which is why I wished the prologue wasn't so much of cameos really. To be honest, it kinda sucks. But as much as I wished the prologue to show more and clearly, I still love it. 

Even though somethings that I wish would happen in the movie, I would still think it's perfect enough for me to love this movie. Hardly you'll ever find people saying Hundun looks like Hardship. They're probably the same Kaiju. Just that it has 2 names. A Kaiju that was given three names is rare. 

Then the third one hit Cabo in Mexico.  Named Kaiceph. I honestly wasn't getting how a 2000 ton monster could be light enough for an aircraft carrier to support it. Maybe it's less than that since the remains of the Kaiju organs have been dug out.

Probably the black market Kaiju dealers which we'll get to it later. But if you've read the prequel novel like I did, you'll know what Kaiceph looks like.

The forth Kaiju wasn't shown on screen though, but it's a Kaiju named Scissure. It kinda sounds like someone mispronounced the world scissors or something. Maybe it's in another language. 

And onto Jaegers. The big robot mechs :D There was only two shown in the prologue as cameos and there's actually another Jaeger shown in a silhouette shot. But we will most likely get to it later.

The first Jaeger shown in cameo was Romeo Blue. But obviously, Romeo wasn't the first Jaeger ever built. If you've read the prequel novel, it's Brawler Yukon. 


This is Brawler Yukon


It's the first ever Jaeger ever build. I've read the prequel novel and it does it's part on telling how they created their first Jaeger. 

The world presidents or governors came together and discuss in terms. Putting aside old rivalries as mentioned. And here's their first Jaeger. Jasper Schoenfeld. He's basically the creator of the Jaeger program.

This is in the prequel novel. That in a goverment conference or some shit like that. In Korea and he went on stage and displayed the images of a blueprint of a mechanical being that's built to size the Kaijus. 

He told the conference that they should use this weapon that is no defense organization or governors would even think of. Building a giant mechanical vehicle in the shape of a humanoid. 

I dunno, I read that part of the novel but I never really understood what happened after his speech. They probably ignored his idea. He got this after seeing his son playing a plastic monster and a plastic robot toy. His son using them to fight together.

It's a little bit hilarious but I guess it was directly obvious to him. We need to make ourselves as big as these monsters. Technically though. It's basically a human being in a suit. In a bigger suit. Lol XD Get it? 

D: Cause the humans are inside the...ah nevermind!


So I'm guessing later Stacker got inspired by Jasper's concept. Oh no wait, I checked. It says that what actually happened is that Stacker was having his speech and demanding for a way to defeat this alien monsters.

Phew, finally I used the word "alien". So Stacker was demanding and needing an idea on how to defeat them, so it just so happens that Jasper is the only one who raised his hand. So Stacker apparently stands beside the microphone stand and Jasper came on stage and displayed the blueprints of a Jaeger on the screen behind him. 

Then I guess the governors and presidents and people like that started agreeing that this maybe just the thing they needed to break the Kaiju's neck till it's nothing. So Stacker somehow managed to use a hangar in a random aerial area. Where they built their first arm of a Jaeger.

It was only that arm though.

So I'm guessing the size of a Jaeger's limb is big enough to fit inside a hangar. A hand is probably like the length of a commercial plane. Anyone. Maybe a 747 or even A380 for that matter of the biggest Jaeger ever to height the others. 


Stacker was the first one to be a test pilot as he straps on the arm machine small enough and hollow to fit a human's hand in. Stacker tested it out and I dunno, he looked like he couldn't control it. But they said he succeeded in the very first Jaeger trial so...I'm guessing. Yay?

Maybe that's the thing that made him invincible temporarily when he was able to drift with a Jaeger alone after Tasmin, his former partner, blacked out. The technology of the Jaeger can even give a human cancer which was never classed in the movie. Which cancer? I dunno. 

The person Jasper worked with was a graded student named Caitlin Lightcap. 

She worked alongside with Jasper. And she's a blonde. And she's really hot.

You people should really grab the comics. You can see one part where she's naked. But they'll censor the boobs as always :(


She was having a bath. 


Anyways, sorry. She basically figured the two-pilot system. When she assigned a USAF captain named Adam Casey to pilot Brawler but failed piloting it alone and die having a seizure. But they were like, nah, everyone dies nowadays. Let's just get another one to test this Jaeger. 


They then hired another volunteer named Sergio to drift with the Jaeger. He almost suffered the same fate that Adam did as Caitlin attempts to drift alongside with Sergio when he's in the conn-pod of Brawler. 

She straps on the drifting helmet and engages to drift with Sergio. Then the drift was proved successful. Caitlin figured it out that the operating of a Jaeger strongly requires two pilots to mend the Jaeger. 

After a day or two, Caitlin decides to enable Brawler Yukon to full functionality and creates two pons inside the conn-pod. One for the left side of the brain, the other for the right side. So that she could move the Jaeger with Sergio. They deployed out into the area near where Karloff is attacking Vancouver. Karloff is a Kaiju of course. Here :\
 Yeah that's Karloff alright. Well to be completely honest, he kinda looks like a rock or a mountain monster. Just by looking at the countless wrinkles he has on his skin.  And that huge forehead of his. If you people didn't notice, he's actually in two notable scenes inside the prologue.

There's one shot here where he roars at the audience for like 3 seconds...


Yes, this might look familiar to some of you when you watch the movie. What I really found strange about this Kaiju is that his eyes are so...human. Or something else. Like a blue fish eye with a really tiny pupil. If you notice, he's actually starring at you.


In that picture. Another cameo he appeared in was when this Kaiju appeared in Manila. He appeared behind a horizontally half torn building. Which is in this picture...


If you move your head closer or strain your eyes a little, you'll be able to see him at the top of this image.


This image is also taken from the prologue of the movie of course :) Yeah. Karloff is later defeated and dead in the hands of Brawler. That proved that their first Jaeger succeeded in preventing the Kaiju from doing any further destruction.


Then by the time, after PPDC is established, it starts hiring Jaeger pilots. Training them using simulation tests. But only some pilots were able to pass the test through Stacker's eyes. 


Raleigh and Yancy managed to pass the test and they became amateur Jaeger pilots. As the beginning stage of a Jaeger pilot's life, they must run through several simulation tests and start to fight Kaijus in an actual Jaeger. 


During one of the days Raleigh and Yancy are using the simulation test, Raleigh finds out that Yancy has been dating Naomi who's a reporter trying to write an article about the creations of the Jaegers, why the Jaegers fight the Kaiju and all sort of shit. I really dunno what's her character doing in the prequel novel. 


I guess she's just basically the plot device in the novel. 


So anyways! They started building their series of Mark-1 Jaegers. Which is basically the first generation of Jaegers. So Mark 2, 3, 4 and 5 is basically the later generations. Simply just imagine replacing Mark with Generation.


So it's like Generation 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. So each Jaeger is classed depending on which year they're build at. Now! In the Mark-1 series, we have Cherno Alpha. And here's an image of Cherno


Yes this is one of the first Jaegers ever build. And all of us will recognize Jaeger. We all know it's the Russian Jaeger. Regardless of knowing anything about the comic, we all still know this Jaeger from the movie itself after watching it.


I like how slick this Jaeger looks in this concept art here. It's like a dead tank. Some parts of this Jaeger felt monumental,  like a metal statue. The two rounded cylinders on Cherno's shoulders really feels empty. 


But anyways, my opinions about Cherno Alpha. Umm, this Jaeger didn't really interest me that much. I know everybody's like "Oh my god! Cherno is so awesome!", "Aw Cherno is so hardcore and freaking badass!". 


But personally, I just find not that much substance in this Jaeger. I mean, I like it's design. But this Jaeger, I don't really like this Jaeger that much. And it's a kind of like a terrible extra to me. 


Only because this Jaeger did jack shit in the movie. All it did was give Kaijus a freaking headlock and start punching the Kaiju with his spring-loaded fists. And what do those fists do huh? I mean, seriously? 


This Jaeger only did the least of the work. When they give screen time for this Jaeger, it's great sure. I mean love the way when Cherno enters the Shatterdome when Raleigh arrives there. And when it drops on the Hong Kong coastline. 


But what does Cherno do? Really. And I would've liked this Jaeger more but nothing about it really pumps me up. When I look at other Jaegers, like for example...


- When Gypsy raises it's arm to initiate an elbow rocket attack

- When Striker deploys it's multi-cannons in it's chest
- When Crimson gets back up from the water after Otachi knocks then over
- When Gypsy raises both of it's arm to slam down on Knifehead
- When Gypsy's hand transforms into a plasma cannon
- When Gypsy uses a sword
- When Gypsy uses his ultra super heat beam from her chest
- When Crimson swivels his spinning blades
- When Gypsy uses an oil tanker to attack Otachi with it

And so on...those scenes, make me mimic them. I mean, because Pacific Rim made me feel like a child again, I would do those actions when I'm alone. Making me feel like a Jaeger everytime. 


But don't laugh at me! Okay? Why don't you go watch the movie and try to tell me the same thing again if you can.


So really, what does Cherno do? But I've known this ability that Cherno possesses and basically those incinerators cylinders you see on Cherno's shoulders, they are basically flamethrowers.


Yeah can you believe that? One sin I have to give to Cherno is why the heck didn't it use that in the movie? I felt like I'm the only person let down by this. If Cherno Alpha uses his incinerators to incinerate and burn this Kaiju in the Hong Kong scene, I would've been more into this Jaeger.


I would've liked this Jaeger more. But I cannot blame this Jaeger for having such a small number of capabilities cause it's a Mark-1 Jaeger. I mean it's hardcore, yes. But just not enough to me.


Just, what's so cool about Cherno really? I don't get these Cherno fan lovers really. I personally liked Crimson Typhoon better. Here's Crimson bros...

Then now look at Crimson. This Jaeger is by far the one with the most creative designs along with Gypsy and Striker. I love how there are chinese characters written on the Jaeger's huge shoulder guard plate. And on his left chest. 

I mean, this Jaeger looks so cool. This Jaeger is unlike Cherno. Cherno is just like an absurd Jaeger walking around with a giant bucket on it's head which would've been more effective when it uses it's incinerators but no! It didn't. 

Crimson did more than his least. Crimson uses spinning blades to slice and dice man! That's what I love about this Jaeger. And I understand because it's chinese, it has red and gold color themes to it which is what I really love about Crimson. Well like 90% of it is red and the rest is gold. 

And this Jaeger is one-eyed. Crimson is like Shockwave's brother in Transformers. And it has two arms on it's right and one on it's left. Talking about the Crimson's left arm, it actually has a plasma cannon JUST like Gypsy Danger.

For some reason he doesn't use that. And for now, some of you are like... "Oh, Crimson also didn't use that, why didn't you hate him for that but hate Cherno because he didn't use anything?".

Well that's because Cherno freaking didn't. And when Cherno doesn't do shit that I want, it gives me no charisma. You see? It's all about charisma. Crimson however because of the way he looked, I had my fullest charisma for this Jaeger.



I think this is a picture of the exact model they used in the movie. I think so I dunno.

I mean look at it, it looks 3 dimensional. This looked like it's a 3d model file taken out of ILM's database. ILM is Industrial Light & Magic incase you didn't know. They're basically the most renowned for creating the most realistic visual effects ever.

They were hired for creating the visual effects of the entire Iron Man trilogy, Battleship which sucks, Transformers trilogy as well, Avengers and so on. Yeah I hate Battleship, stupid alien ships come down to Earth for no reason at all.

But we're not here to talk about Battleship. So if you wanna discuss and argue why I hate Battleship, do it wherever else possible. 

Anyways! I think I would show my sympathy towards Crimson's death more than Cherno's. Other than that, let's get back to the story shall we? :) Alright! So at the time Cherno is done being build and ready for battling the Kaijus, another Jaeger was also completed as well.

Tango Tasmania which has no pictures or screencaps or 3d model images from ILM. Yeah! If you go to the Pacific Rim wikia, you'll see that Guillermo and Travis had created 23 Jaegers if recalled correctly. Wow, 23 seems a little small. But of course, building such a large structure is always limited to a small number.

So Tango and Cherno were launched during July to November in 2015. The Hong Kong Shatterdome that you see in the movie started launching during November. And ever since it has been housing Jaegers. Later, Tacit Ronin which is the Japanese Jaeger, is launched. 

And this Jaeger gives that really sci-fi feel to it. I mean just look at him...

You know, I really wanted to see robots that have white plating instead of just the metal color, the normal silver/grey metal or black painted metals.

I really wanted to see a white painted one. Well, you do see this Jaeger in the prologue. One moment where he was kneeling and then he stands back up. And yes! He's one of the cameos I'm talking about in this movie.

Yeah I guess I should've written this one earlier. Oh dear...

I love those big daggers it has attached to the bottom of each arms. Really nice and this Jaeger is made to have faster agility. That means it is one of the several Jaegers which are able to move faster than the slower normal Jaegers. 

And Cherno Alpha so far is the slowest ass Jaeger ever made. That's probably one of the reasons I don't really like him that much. And then after Tacit's launch, a few days later, Romeo Blue which is an American Jaeger is launched and after that, comes Horizon Brave then Coyote Tango.

This is Romeo Blue:

Yeah he looks really cool. Although I dunno why the heck there's this vertical panel build infront of Romeo's head on his chest. 

It's such a big panel and it just blocks the pilots from seeing it. Actually no wait, the pilots didn't really need to look outside that visor. They have their computer screens to tell the pilots what's around their environment. 

Again, this Jaeger looks really Gundam-ish. Looks like something that a Gundam artist would draw except that it has more gears and metals in this Jaegers.  And they really need to give Romeo longer fingers. How do you grab something with that? I dunno how but in the movie, it shows that Romeo is picking up a piece of a bridge and slashing Hundun with it.

Yes, Hundun the Kaiju that I mentioned earlier. 

And yes, Coyote Tango! :D The Jaeger which Stacker use to pilot. It's a Japanese Jaeger and Stacker use to pilot Coyote alongside with his other pilot, Tamsin Sevier. Who blacked out as she started suffering radiation sickness from the Jaeger. 

Stacker started to pilot the Jaeger solo and defeated Onibaba, saving the young Mako after she got chased down by it. Onibaba's this crab-like lobster Kaiju which attacked the Japan city, Onibaba. 

And in the prequel, it was said that Mako was with her parents. And when Onibaba started attacking the city, everyone in the city ran to evacuation. Mako's father or mother hold her hand as they ran along with the city crowd to shelter but Mako dropped her red shoe and went to retrieve it.

But after that, she somehow lost track of her parents. After all that, she was left alone walking down the streets of Onibaba. Crying to see one of her parents or at least both appear and called her. And of course, they weren't really there. They died.

For some reason, it was never explained.

Then somewhere around December 2015 to May 2016, our cast in the movie enlisted onto becoming members of the PPDC. Herc who is Chuck's father enlisted onto being a Ranger and pilot his first Jaeger, Lucky Seven.

An unknown Jaeger, with unknown specifications and had no images of this Jaeger anywhere around the internet.

Piloted that Jaeger alongside with his brother, Scott Hansen. I dunno, it wasn't really explained that much. As Herc somehow dug into Scott's memory and it rattled the Jaeger and they almost died in battle. So Herc reported to Stacker for that. I really dunno why they just exclude Scott. 

I would love to know who the heck Scott is. I mean, I know he's Hercules' brother but I would like to see who he is in the movie. He quit when Striker was being lauched. Yes Striker, the Australian Jaeger. One of the fastest Jaegers in the world.

He was also in the movie. Striker by far is the most Gundam-ish Jaeger ever designed. Really. Like with all T-16 Angel Wings as they like to call it in the movie. Basically they're just pieces on the back of Striker to act as stabilizers. And to be honest, I felt like they should attach that metal piece in Striker more, only because it looks cooler. But it's a 2400 ton bomb so, yeah I don't think so.

This Jaeger fits the definition of "cool". I really like the designs of this Jaeger man. Honestly, I think Gypsy and Striker have some chemistry together. I just wish there's more of these two. I mean, Gypsy's awesome too. That Jaeger is the definition of "bad-ass". Bad-ass and cool, mix these two together, and it's just pure awesomeness. It's just one of the big deals that I see in this movie.

Anyways! Let's get on with it...so when Herc and Scott signed onto the Jaeger Program, the Wei triplets which are these Chinese pilots that you see in the movie...

Yes, this shot does look familiar to most of us. It's the scene before Cherno, Crimson and Striker goes out to the Hong Kong harbor to fight the two Category 4 Kaijus.

They're...they're cool. I like all the angular and redness on their suits. Really cool :) Really, I just like how Guillermo makes this cultures look real. I mean, the Russian pilots, they're like steam punked and blondies. While the Chinese triplets look so red. And ideal to shapes of their armor. And the sick dragon logos on their chest.

Guillermo and the team who worked on these suits did an amazing job. I like how the helmets the Chinese are wearing are like bad-ass motorcycle helmets. With those star shapes on them.

Really cool. So the Russians also enlisted to become Rangers the same time as the Wei triplets signed on as well. And also the guy from Dark Knight Rises signed up. No, it's not Batman. I think everybody should already know this, it's Burn Gorman. Who plays the character named Hermann Gottlieb. 

Yes and that's Newton Geiszler who's played by Charlie Day. Who voiced Art in Monsters University. And he's famous for the reality show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I never really watched that show before to be honest. But he's interesting. He kinda reminds me of J.J Abrams though. Yeah at first I thought it was J.J Abrams playing that role. But then I found out it was Charlie Day who was in Monsters University as well.

But recently, I've seen some videos of him in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. A few actually. It's the WILDCARD BI**HES! But that's what he said in that scene so...sorry for my language. But I guess I cursed a few times. But it wasn't that extreme. And I hope you people who's reading this don't take it that extreme as well.

But Newton enlisted a year later. 

So after that, on 15 May 2016, the young Mako Mori becomes the iconic survivor of that incident in Onibaba. But Tamsin is suffering under some sort of cancer that I guess, she got from the radiation sickness during the Onibaba attack. 

The following day, another Kaiju attacks Hong Kong. Reckoner's it's name. This is a picture of it's skull

So yes, this is another cameo. After somehow getting killed, Reckoner's bones were used to build around their cities. It's ribcage was seen to be mounted on top of a Hong Kong street that Newton was in when he went to find Hannibal Chau. And also when Hannibal was having a conversation with Newton discussing their deals about getting Newton a Kaiju brain, there's a scene where citizens are seen entering the creature's mouth which was renovated till it became an entrance to a particular building.

And I'm guessing this happened around some cities. As Hundun's skull and ribs were used as well to rebuild their cities after that Kaiju's attack. Stacker soon later also begin to suffer a cancer as well after Tamsin. 

He received it after Tamsin. Oh yeah! And I forgot to show you people what Tamsin looks like...hold on...here!

Yeah you people should read the comics. A redhead Ranger who soon quit PPDC due to her sickness after the Onibaba accident with Stacker in Coyote Tango.

She's pretty hot. Love that hair though.

So yeah, his cancer started from that point on until the end of the movie. That's remarkable. Stacker later adopts Mako as he thinks that when he looks at her, she reminded Stacker a lot about himself. So yes, Stacker became the adoptive father of Mako. 

Later on, another Jaeger is launched. Diablo Intercept. That's an interesting name. On the same day, Newton then signs up for becoming one of the science division members in PPDC where he examines Kaiju organs, skins and other stuff...

Tendo Choi who was played by Clifton Collins Jr. who also plays Ayel in Star Trek J.J Abrams. And he's basically the head of the LOCCENT Jaeger Technician Chief and the brains behind the Jaegers. I'm actually surprised how no one mentions this actor here...

Yeah he's basically a Elvis rip-off with that uniform. Freaking bowtie and red suspenders. And neat hairstyle.

Yeah he had some screen time and I'm really surprised no one mentioned this. I guess there isn't much about him to talk about. The reviews I've seen so far, they treat him as if he's just one of the people working in the Shatterdomes. 

But I felt like he played a bigger role in this movie though. Tendo is a Chinese-Peruvian American and in the prequel novel, he was a navy officer and during the first Kaiju attack which was Trespasser. He was one of the many people who witness the Golden Gate bridge being torn down by the Kaiju.

While being in the bridge of the navy boat that he's in. Actually hold on, I'm not sure.  I think he's just one of the crew on that boat. Oh yes! It says that he's one of the ferryman on that boat so...yeah :\ 

Knowing that his grandfather is still in the city, who wasn't highly aware of the Kaiju attack. Yeye Choi. Tendo dashed off exiting the boat and telling one of his crew member to leave while they can.

Tendo reached Yeye's apartment and brought him out of the building and getting into a random vehicle. A car. But before they could enter, they witness the creature tearing through the apartment buildings heading in their direction.

Then some fighter jets targeted Trespasser and injure the Kaiju. Because of it's immense size, the blood of that Kaiju is spacious enough to splatter around the area it's on. Yeye and Tendo being in that area, are affected. Tendo apparently got into the car to start the engine forcefully, while Yeye ignorantly stands outside to witness the Kaiju being injured. 

The splatter of the Kaiju blood had landed onto Yeye. The blood was of course, contagious. With only moments left, Yeye quickly enters the car and the car drives off with all it's got to head towards the port to find the awaiting boat. Arriving at the port. But Tendo and Yeye were already too late.

The ferry already left the port. Tendo was left alone with Yeye. Tendo later turns around only to see his grandfather starting to experience the symptoms of the toxicated Kaiju blood that landed on him before they entered the car minutes ago. It's killing Yeye fast and Tendo just sits there with Yeye and he cried and his grandfather soon dies. 

Exactly the moment when Trespasser gets nuked by a nuclear bomb just as Yeye dies. Tendo hugged Yeye's dead body tightly while the explosion booms in the background. It's really tragic though.

You know, I hope they explain whatever was in the prequel novel to the sequel that Guillermo and Travis are writing now. Yeah! Google it. Google "Pacific Rim sequel news". And you should be able to get it. So yes, later on Tendo signed onto being a chief Jaeger technician.

And yeah, Mako is one of the technicians working there. And she's sort of like Stacker's assistant. She's one of their brightest technician. So four Mark-2 Jaegers have been launched the day Tendo and Newton signed up. Including Diablo Intercept.

Solar Prophet, Puma Real and Eden Assassin. Again, none of these Jaegers had any images. They were all stated destroyed in the specifications. Man, I'm a little downed by all that. But in the sequel, Guillermo is confirming Gipsy 2.0. Yes, Gipsy Danger will come back and probably Gipsy is gonna be re-designed for some of it's parts.

We all know Gipsy self-destructed on the other side on the homeworld of the Kaijus, Anteverse. An alternate alien dimension. But I guess somehow, they're gonna re-open it and pull Gypsy out of there. I really dunno how Gypsy is gonna come back but Guillermo confirms it.

The day after, Lima Shatterdome is under construction and is almost finished. And the following day, the Becket brothers enlisted to become Jaeger pilots. They passed the several tests and became official pilots of the PPDC. So one day when they were in a bar drinking mugs of beer and Naomi, who loves to meet Jaeger pilots apparently, goes ahead to talk to the Becket brothers.

Yancy, Raleigh's older brother, tells him that it's time for them to head back to PPDC. Raleigh then asks Naomi's phone number before leaving. Yancy pretended good to not have that much of interest in Naomi.

Later back at the PPDC, at one of their simulation tests, Raleigh finds out that Yancy has been dating Naomi before this test their running. Without Raleigh knowing of course. Raleigh, frustrated, leaves the simulation test and failing it.

Yancy later also detach himself off the conn-pod simulation and goes to find Raleigh. Hours later, Yancy finally managed to find Raleigh sitting in a bar near their Shatterdome. Raleigh, boiled in fury that his brother stole Raleigh's other half, rages at his brother and puts up a bar fight. 

Stacker, being alerted that one of their pilots exited the simulation test without completion, was alerted to go find those two. After all that, the two brothers were escorted to Stacker's office and chewed out by Stacker's words.

So later the Lima Shatterdome is completed and ready to house some more Jaegers. Later, more Shatterdomes were build to divide all the Jaegers. These Shatterdome stations were located like branches.

All their branches lies within Anchorage, Alaska. Where Gipsy Danger was housed along with Brawler and Chrome Brutus. And that Shatterdome was nicknamed "The Icebox" as it's the coldest Shatterdome to be in. Later in Vladivostok in Russia where Cherno Alpha and the other two Jaegers are stationed. 

Eden Assassin and Nova Hyperion. Man! Where did they get these names? It's so good!

Then in Tokyo. Where Coyote Tango, Tacit Ronin and Echo Saber are. Soon, Mark-3 Jaegers are launched from their Shatterdomes. Shaolin Rogue, Vulcan Specter and Chrome Brutus.

Shaolin being another Chinese Jaeger. Vulcan the Australian Jaeger and Chrome the Canadian Jaeger. With that, the Sydney Shatterdome is completed and housed Vulcan Specter and Striker Eureka. And Echo Saber.

Then the main Jaeger of the Pacific Rim universe gets built as a generation Mark-3 Jaeger gets launched. GIPSY DANGER!

Yeah Ioved this Jaeger just as I loved Crimson Typhoon and Striker. And other Jaegers as well. Except for Cherno, I liked it a little. Just because of how it looks. 

Then another Shatterdome is build at Los Angeles, California. Then a Mexican Jaeger is launched too. Matador Fury. Another Kaiju attack occurs. Gipsy Danger is deployed in Los Angeles and therefore, known for taking Yamarashi down. Using a crane wire to decapitate the Kaiju's head somehow.

Man! I wish I saw this in the movie though. Would've been awesome too :(

Yamarashi, being one of the biggest Category 3 Kaijus ever, ends up being tattooed on Newton's hand...

Yeah...crazy ass nerd tattoos all over his upper body. Seriously? I dunno why but I just take it I guess.

Then later, the Panama Shatterdome is launched and it housed Puma Real and Hydra Corinthian. And! Let me just get this straight, I'm not gonna be covering so much of the timeline in the Pacific Rim universe so if you wanna look at that for yourself...

Might as well go here...
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/w... 

Yeah I just read stuff from there and tell you guys the all the mega stuff. I'm just gonna mention the Jaeger launches, the Kaiju attacks and some minor stuff like that.

So let's carry on... 

During November 19 on 2017 to May 2018, five more Mark-4 Jaegers are launched. Including some that I mentioned earlier. Hydra Corinthian, Mammoth Apostle, Nova Hyperion and Echo Saber.

I feel like as if I'm repeating names. And yes, I'm aware of that. And I have to say, judging from the timeline, Gipsy Danger is moving to different Shatterdomes more frequently than other Jaegers. Maybe because we just never get any small details of sentences saying that other Jaegers are moving from place to place. They only bothered to do it with Gipsy. On August 22, Crimson Typhoon is launched. 

My favourite Chinese Jaeger. And I think I've already posted pictures of that Jaeger so I don't think I need to do it again. Actually I didn't really post, I just shared it. There's a difference.

And around July to November 2019, Chuck enlists onto PPDC. Becoming the jerk of PPDC. A secondary antagonist bully. And oh wait! It seems that...okay nevermind. Because I was thinking that why the heck Scott quits the same day Chuck enters PPDC. And I remembered that Striker was being launched that day. Then on 2019, the recently decommissioned Jaeger, Striker Eureka is launched.

One of the fastest Jaegers in the world and the only one left.
First and last of the Mark-5 generation. Striker Eureka!
Yeah! Just look at that shot. I like how the rest of the Jaeger is shadowed while the front of Striker's head remains lighted. And THAT VISOR! COOL!!! XD

What's even cooler is that you can see an Anti-Kaiju missile being inserted into one of Striker's anti-Kaiju missile launcher barrel. Is that how you spell it? Yes, yes it is :) And the little people standing on that platform there. 

See, this just shows that someone knows how to frame shots. The cinematography is flawless and perfect. Thanks to Guillermo...ah ah! Wait. You think I'm gonna say Del Toro? No! It's Guillermo Navarro. It's the director of cinematography in the movie. Del Toro is the main director. Yes, it's thanks to him working with Del Toro, it worked out fine. 

Take that! Michael Bay!

In December 16, a 3-Jaeger strike team defended Manila when an unknown Kaiju attacks Manila. Gypsy, Lucky Seven and Horizon Brave defeated that unnamed Kaiju. They even mentioned in the movie.

You know, that Shatterdome scene. When Raleigh comes back after 5 years of retirement. Arrives at Hong Kong Shatterdome, the last one that will be funded for 8 months while the coastal walls are being constructed. It's really dumb how they're building walls that are useless. 

Jaegers were their most effective line of defense and they just decide that it's time to shut it down. Thanks to the Sydney attack that proved that the Wall is ineffective and still Kaiju is breaking through and trying to ruin and create more casualties for humanity.

Yeah Herc and Raleigh reminded each other of the 3-Jaeger strike team. That's okay, it's cool :)

Alright you guys, you know what? Since I felt like this review is getting longer and longer, I decided to break it up in two parts since this part explains so much about the past. It probably even helped some of you to get more info of the prologue.

Next part on, I'm gonna be explaining the movie itself. As the movie continues the rest of the story for us. But I think I'll skip the prologue of the movie since I already explained so much. And I think I said that already. Lol XD

And the next part, we'll start at the moment Raleigh wakes Yancy up for Gipsy Danger's deployment till the end of the movie. Alright see ya! And don't forget to comment, share and get more viewers. Bye! :D